Top Ten Books I Enjoyed But Rarely Talk About | Top Ten Tuesday Turns 10!

Jun 23, 2020



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This Tuesday is a special one as it marks the 10th anniversary of Top Ten Tuesday! There are two options to pick to do this week: 1.) Pick a past TTT topic you've done and update/redo it, or 2.) pick a past TTT topic you wish you'd done but didn't get a chance to do.

The topic I chose this week is...

Top Ten Books I Enjoyed But Rarely Talk About


    

Between the Stars and Sky by David James (🌈 - side characters)
Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams
An Unkindness of Ghosts by Rivers Solomon ðŸŒˆ
Pax Novis by Erica Cameron ðŸŒˆ
The Prophecy by Jennifer L. Armentrout

    

The Melody of You and Me by M. Hollis ðŸŒˆ
If We Were Villains by M. L. Rio ðŸŒˆ
Daughters of Nri by Reni K. Amayo
The Ascent to Godhood by JY Yang ðŸŒˆ
In the Vanishers' Palace by Aliette de Bodard ðŸŒˆ


♥ Have you read any of the books mentioned above?
If you've participated, what TTT topic did you do? ♥

10 comments

  1. I've heard so much about If We Were Villains, definitely need to read it at some point.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/06/23/top-ten-tuesday-269/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If We Were Villains is really enjoyable. It has a mix of The Secret History and The Foxhole Court dark academia vibes, so if that's your thing you'll definitely like If We Were Villains. :) I hope you get to read it someday soon!

      Delete
  2. Daughters of Nri does sound like a good read!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughters of Nri is pretty good (at least in my opinion). I enjoyed it once I got used to the writing style and the action started. I hope you get to read it and enjoy as well. :)

      Thanks for taking the time to comment and sharing your post - I'll check it out!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to check out The Melody of You and Me. I haven't heard of that one before, but it sounds like one I might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend The Melody of You and Me. It's wonderfully sapphic. :)

      It's written by a Filipino author so it's not heavily marketed outside of Philippines, which might explain why it is pretty much a hidden gem. The companion book is great as well. I hope you get to read it and that you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of most of these, so I guess they're not talked about much! I am interested in QUEENIE. It sounds intriguing.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queenie is so good! The representation and storytelling is just amazing. It's one of my favorites. I hope you get to read it someday soon. :) Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. Yes, If We Were Villains was fantastic. I need more from M.L. Rio! :)

    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! And agreed. :)

      Thanks for coming by and sharing your post - I'll check it out!

      Delete

empty kingdom. Design by Berenica Designs.